Sunday, July 15, 2012

Newest Scan results

I'm late with this... as usual. One thing about feeling healthy is one doesn't spend as much time sitting in front of the computer. Which is a good thing! Though not so good for blog updates.

My last scan result was, again, good. All of the tumors that were embolized (Not sure if that's the right term for past tense embolization :D ).... are shrinking. The ones that had the radio ablation are doing nothing. The way I understand what he was saying is, from looking at the scan you can see where the tumor *was* and since it's not doing anything it's assumed it's dead but not re-absorbed yet. Not the most technical explanation on my part but it's the best I can.

So very good news. I'm continuing on my diet/lifestyle; though I did fall from grace a bit when family visited but not really bad and I'm back on track.

When one feels one has to "treat" one's self it's ok: but just keep in mind that "they" are right when they say it can be hard to get back to being strict again. So one has to make sure one understands one may have to be tough with one's self as it seems one step off the path can re-start cravings.

That evil Sugar is a bad one for me and cheese. I had both and I had to fight their Siren Call for several days after. I won. :)

I saw the movie Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. If you haven't seen it, do so. If not at that link then Netflix has it. Very inspirational.

September is my next testing session. In the meantime I'll try to post some of the ideas, insights and advice I've wanted to share here. No promises as it's gardening season! (have to update the garden/studio blog next!)


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to you! We are still weaning ourselves off of sugar. It is a daunting task for sure.

    ReplyDelete

I have been inundated by spammers on this blog. Unfortunately that means I now have to use Word Verification. I've always hated it but it's now necessary. My apologies and I hope you will still post here. Feel free to email me as well.